Wednesday, April 6, 2011

MDS Day 3 - Survival

Same deal as yesterday with the MDS Day 3 - Survival. 

Well today was a 38km stage with an 11 hour cut off.  I woke feeling weak and ate 1/3rd of my daily food ration in the first 30 mins to gain some strength - so there would be no running today, just walking.  The terrain was tough - stony flat ground that tortured my sore feet, sandy flat ground that was just a slow slog, sand dunes and a mountain ridge to climb over.  After a few relatively cool days (34C & 29C), apparently today was in the low 40s with a howling cross or head wind beating you with sand.

Just approaching checkpoint 2 my left little toe nail half ripped off, so I had 30 mins with the event doctors fixing that.  Made it in 9hr 25 and am now preparing for the long stage, 80km tomorrow.  Will be out there until the middle of the night.  

Loving the emails, keep them coming.

The adventure continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment