Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MDS Day 2 Toughest footrace

Well it is advertised as the world's toughest footrace and after 2 days I am not going to argue.  

Yesterday 33km took 7.13, the course had 13km of massive sand dunes and finished with 7km on very stony ground into a howling gale and I ended up with nasty blisters under both feet. The Tent fell down twice in the wind overnight and sand is in everything.

The Blister taping worked today and got me through the 38km today, the strong tailwind was very helpful.

Thanks for your emails and apologies for the short blog we have limited message length here. I will prepare a full race report and pictures when I am home.I will be happy to answer any questions you may wish to email to me.

 The adventure continues tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment